Interested in becoming a Friend? Fill out a New Membership Form!
Already a Friend and would like to renew? Fill out our Membership Renewal Form.
2017 Book Sale Dates
- February 24-26. More details!
- June 2-4
- October 20-22
Next Meeting: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 1:00pm. Lynn Valley Library Boardroom.
Who Are the Friends of the Library?
The Friends help support North Vancouver District Public Library in a variety of ways, including:
- Financially support major events like prizes for the Summer Reading Club and the North Shore Writers Festival.
- Host fundraisers, like the Big Book Sales, that support special projects at the Library.
- Volunteer at library events like District Library Gallery Art Receptions, the Whisky Library Fundraiser, & more.
- Purchase items to benefit NVDPL, like learning games for kids, reading chairs for families, book carts, and more!
If you love your Library and want to make a difference, become a member! We welcome new Friends all year long. Membership is just $5 for one year, valid January to December. Other perks include:
- Having fun and meeting new people
- Volunteering and feeling good about supporting a service that benefits the community
- Volunteer at a Book Sale and take home 10 items for FREE
- Members Only VIP Book Sale Nights
- Volunteer recognition awards
Have questions? Please email email@example.com.
What have we recently contributed to NVDPL?
The Friends have been fundraising for improvements to the physical spaces of North Vancouver District Public Library branches. The following is a list of our recent donations:
- Activities and furniture for the children's department at all three branches
- Large comfy chairs for Lynn Valley Library
- Fireplace at Capilano Library
- Parkgate Library study room and Capilano Library reading lounge
- District Library Gallery installation equipment
- Dana Irving mural in Lynn Valley Program Room
- Furniture for Lynn Valley Library Children’s Department
- Children’s storytime rug for Lynn Valley Library
- Summer Reading Club and Trick is to Read book prizes each year
- Book shopping carts at all three locations
Since 1995 we have donated more than $150,000 to the North Vancouver District Public Library.
Executive Committee (2016-2017)
- President: Catherine Rickey
- Vice-President: Marge Zieroth
- Secretary: Helen Liang
- Treasurer: Barb Downman
- Membership Liaison: Barb Downman
Our AGM is held every spring, at which time elections for the new executive are held. Please consider submitting your name for any of the positions.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.