Library Code of Conduct
Welcome to the North Vancouver District Public Library. Everyone is welcome here. Everyone has the right to enjoy a Library environment that’s respectful, courteous, safe, and that supports life-long learning.
To that end, while in the Library, each patron agrees that:
- I am respectful of the people around me.
- I acknowledge that we’re all different and have different tastes and opinions. This is a good thing.
- I am respectful of Library property.
- I am responsible for my belongings, my children and my well-being while at the Library.
- I leave my pets and mode of transport at the doors— except when required for accessibility purposes, like guide dogs and wheelchairs.
- I take responsibility for my actions if I choose not to follow this Code of Conduct. This may include being asked to leave the Library.
- I agree to follow all Library policies, such as the Use of Public Spaces and Public Internet Access and Computer Use. Our policies are available at www.nvdpl.ca.
We are all responsible for upholding this code and keeping our Library welcoming for all.
Thanks for your part in this!
Endorsed by the Library Board in 2015